Dun Qiang Fa
Important exercise for the relaxation of the spine, the lumbar region and the coccyx, this practice is
interesting in order to prevent abnormal symptoms. It is usually practice adapted to the individual goal and level.
The sequence of steps is following:
- Stand upright in front of a wall. Place your feet with toes as close as possible to the base of the wall
- Relax the body from head to toes. Keep the chin tucked in, Baihui being lifted all the time.
Recite silently and follow the visualizations for Qi field creation
(8 verses Peng Qi Guang Ding).
- Slowly bend the knees and lower the body along the wall. Arch shoulders forwards and chest inward to keep balance.
Pull coccyx downward and forward.
- At the lowest point, remain for a short while. Then pull body up with Baihui leading, slowly rising with coccyx still tucked forward.
- Repeat these movements for as many times as you can.
- End with relaxing the whole body and collecting Qi into the navel to nourish the lower Dan Tian.